DU BOIS AVIATION NOW OFFERS A Gleim Virtual Cockpit® BATD SIMULATOR.
This Simulator is FAA Approved.
The following hours can be logged in your log-book using this Flight Simulator.
- 10 Hours can be credited to your Instrument Rating 14 CFR Sec 61.65(i)
- 2.5 Hours can be credited to your Private Pilot Rating 14 CFR Sec.61.109(k)(1)
- Instrument Experience 61.57 (use our simulator to stay current)
- There is no maximum amount of time that can be logged, only a maximum that can be credited toward your certificate or rating.
For the purpose of obtaining instrument experience in an aircraft (other than a glider), performed and logged under actual or simulated instrument conditions, either in flight in the appropriate category of aircraft for the instrument privileges sought or in a flight simulator or flight training device that is representative of the aircraft category for the instrument privileges sought —
- At least six instrument approaches;
- Holding procedures; and
- Intercepting and tracking courses through the use of navigation systems
BATD FAA APPROVED AIRPLANE SIMULATOR $75.00hr.
The airplane flight simulator manufactured by Gleim Aviation features solid mechanical mechanisms, precision ground guide shafts, and polished and plated shaft material. The console is equipped with the following switches and features:
- Interactive touchscreen instrument panel.
- Independent instructor operating station.
- Panoramic triple-display produces clear, realistic 180° views.
- All-in-one chassis ergonomically designed for flight simulation.
- Height-adjustable, heavy duty steel frame.
- Comfortable racing style captain’s seat.